December 16, 2010

"Piracy" - the polls are over.

I'm taking the polls regarding alleged copyright infringement down. After what happened, the votes got back to be on Google. And they were messed up again. I was suspecting something for a long time, but now here's "proof":

Screenshot of the results, taken in September:

and today (December):

 votes are disappearing, huh?

Well, I don't really care anymore, I assume my point as taken. If anyone wants to dispute the results, well, I really would like them to make a "real poll", and study this seriously.

For the record, the results are:
  • 18% don't do so-called "piracy"
  • 2% would buy everything they "pirate", if they couldn't pirate it
  • 54% would buy some of the things they "pirate"
  • 16% "pirate" stuff but they wouldn't buy it otherwise anyway
So, for one of the possible uses of this numbers... remember: being the most conservative possible, 34% of the population aren't "taking money from artists", in any possible sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment