October 18, 2007

Web 2.0 Expo: attention to all attendees

I was hoping to write something more complete, talking about me going to the Web 2.0 Expo in Berlin next month. For now, just two notes: the first one is that I'm going, and the next one is that if you're going and already paid, you're screwed. Despite the conference price being in Euros €, they did all credic card withdrawns with the right number but in pounds £. Since one pound is 1.44 Euro (more or less) be carefull and check your accounts. The organization (CMP) told us that they did this mistake to everyone, and that they're working on refunds.

This isn't the first thing that makes me really sad with the event's organization, but I'll probably write all about it at a later time. Please alert all your friends you're know that are going...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Uff, just checked my account, they charged me the right value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe your revervation was in an posterior batch of reservations... Anyway, I'm glad to see that some people didn't suffered from the same mistake!

    See you there,
    Marcos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 PM

    See ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: The error was from the Royal Bank of Scotland and not the organization of the event.

    ReplyDelete