May 18, 2006

LaTeX vs. Office's

I was talking about this over lunch with some Opera guys here on XTech, and then I attended to two presentations where people where talking about XML on your documents, and one of the presentations was in fact about ODF.

For all of those I wss just thinking .oO( damn, LaTeX does better than that for years! )

Well, now I just came across this rant that shows exactly my frustrations everytime I try to use an Office suite. Well, not all of them: the last time I has such stresses was because people tend to use .xls's for documents where you have to fill some fields... and when you must end with a printable version, it just SUCKS.

People, if you want WYSIWYG stuff, can you please at least add usabillity into it?

1 comment:

  1. Man I'm wholly with you on that, LaTeX rules compared to those WYSYWYG suites, and for free!

    ReplyDelete